This Policy was last changed on May 21, 2020.
Body Made Beautiful and its subsidiaries (“Loraine’s Place” “us” or “we”) operate this website (the “Site”), and other health, wellness, diet and fitness websites that are part of the Body Made Beautiful portfolio of websites (collectively, the “Sites”) and the services related to or offered on the Sites (hereinafter, the “Services”). Some of the Sites are websites that we operate on behalf of third party licensors, for example, thedream.youngevity.com and thedream.vidadivina.com (collectively, “Licensors”). Body Made Beautiful’s Services may include, without limitation, tools, applications, email services, bulletin and message boards, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, calendars, and downloadable mobile applications related to the Sites or provided through the Sites.
To be clear about the terminology we are using, when we use the phrase “Personal Information” in this Policy, we mean information that can be used to identify or contact a person, like a person’s full name, address, e-mail address, or phone number. When we use the phrase “Anonymous Information” in this Policy, we mean information that cannot reasonably be used to identify individual persons.
By visiting this Site or using the Services, you are accepting the policies and practices described in this Policy. Each time you visit the Site or use the Services, you agree and expressly consent to our collection, use and disclosure of the information that you provide as described in this Policy.
Your Personal Information will be processed by us in the United States.
In addition to this general Policy, each Service may have additional privacy provisions that are specific to the particular Service. These supplemental disclosures are made adjacent to the particular Service at the time we collect the information. These supplemental disclosures also govern the use of your information.
- The Information We Gather
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- Information you voluntarily provide us
We collect and maintain information that you voluntarily submit to us during your use of the Sites and Services. For example:
- when you register for a Site, you may provide us certain information including your name, email address, screen name, password, demographic information and the health topics that interest you;
- to engage a Site’s social networking function, you may add to your profile by providing information about your interests or health topics. For example, your profile may list your favorite healthy foods or movie;
- if you are registering for a customized health program, you may provide us answers to questions we use to provide you the program, like your actual and goal weights, your preferred method of exercise, or your caloric intake;
- if you sign up to receive a newsletter, enter a contest or participate in social networking activities, you may provide us contact information (e.g., email or physical address);
- if you purchase a product or service, you may provide us your credit card information; and
- you may provide us with Personal Information in the course of email, customer support interactions and surveys.
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may stop you from gaining access to a Service or limit the features that you can use.
For more information, please see the How We Use Your Information section below.
- Information we collect through your use of the Site.
As you use the Site and Services, certain information may also be passively collected. Through cookies, pixels, beacons, log files and other technologies, we may collect information about how you use the Site and the Services. For example we may determine through an IP address that a particular computer or device is located in New York City and we may use this information to deliver advertisements promoting New York City-based businesses. This information allows us to deliver more helpful information, programs, tools and advertisements.
Please see the Cookies and Targeted Advertising sections below for more information.
- Information we receive from third parties.
We may also combine online and/or offline information received from third parties with the information we have already collected from you via our Sites and Services. The third party information is used for a variety of purposes
including to verify other information about you (e.g., verify your mailing address to send you requested products or services) and to enhance the content and advertising we provide to you.
- How We Use Your Information
We will use your Personal Information in the ways described below or described at the time that the information is collected.
You can limit the way that we tailor advertising based on your self-reported interests and other information in your profile by clicking on the “Profile” or “My Account” section of this Site and deleting or modifying the information. On some Sites, the profile section is accessed through the MySite tab, (e.g., MyBodyMadeBeautiful or MyPrograms or other). Please see the section below on Updating and Control of Your Personal Information for more information. Please note that if you have registered on multiple Sites, you’ll need to modify your profile on each Site. In addition, you can delete the cookies that we have placed on your browser. Please see the section below on Cookies, Web Beacons and IP Address Information for more information.
- To Provide the Sites and Services.
In general, we use your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate for purposes including to:
- administer your account;
- register you and provide you access to the Site or Services;
- respond to inquiries or requests that you direct to us;
- fulfill your requests for products or services;
- send communications and administrative emails about the Sites or Services;
- personalize and better tailor the features, performance and support of the Sites and Services for your use;
- send you promotional/marketing information, newsletters, offers or other information regarding opportunities and functionality that we think would be of particular interest to you;
- improve the quality of the Site and the Services, and
- analyze, benchmark and conduct research on user data and user interactions with the Site and Services.
- Cookies and Targeted Advertising
- Cookies, Web Beacons and IP Address Information
- Cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser’s directions within the help tab. In order to use certain Services offered through the Sites, your web browser must accept cookies. If you choose to disable cookies, some aspects of the Sites may not work properly, and you may not be able to access our Services.
- An “Internet protocol address” or “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We, or our service providers, may use your IP Address when you access the Sites or Services or use other means to assist with delivering geographically targeted advertisements.
- Targeted Advertising
We adhere to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising of the Digital Advertising Alliance (for more information click here).
- Information Collected by Third Party Advertisers
- How We Disclose Information to Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information with third parties as specifically approved by you or under the circumstances described below. If you do not want us to use or disclose Personal Information collected about you in the ways identified in this Policy, you should not use the Site or Services.
- Disclosure for legal reasons.
We may disclose and release your Personal Information to third parties: (a) to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; or (b) in special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others, a threat to homeland security, a threat to our system or network, or in any cases in which we believe it is reasonably necessary to investigate or prevent harm, fraud, abuse, illegal conduct or a violation or alleged violation of this Policy or other agreement we may have with you.
- Agents and Contractors.
We may provide your Personal Information to service providers who work on our behalf or help us to operate our business, the Sites and the Services. Examples of such service providers include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services, and/or content for sending email, analyzing data, research, providing advertising and marketing assistance, processing payments (including credit card payments), and providing customer service. Access to your Personal Information by these service providers is limited to the information reasonably necessary to perform its limited function.
- Aggregated, Anonymous Information.
We may share aggregated Anonymous Information about you with third parties. Aggregated information is your Anonymous Information that is combined with the Anonymous Information of other users.
- Contests, sweepstakes and polls.
When you participate in a Promotion, you are subject to any official rules for that Promotion, which may contain additional information about the specific privacy practices associated with the Promotion.
- Long-Term-License Services.
Some of the Sites are websites that Body Made Beautiful operates on behalf of Licensors, for example thedream.youngevity.com and thedream.vidadivina.com. Body Made Beautiful may share some or all of your Personal Information with its Licensors. This Policy does not cover the use of your Personal Information by Licensors. The privacy practices of Body Made Beautiful’s Licensors may differ from this policy and we encourage you to contact those third parties directly if you have questions regarding their use of your Personal Information.
- Sponsors, Merchants and other ways that you approve at the time of collection.
- Within our Company; Changes to our Company.
We may share your Personal Information with any of our subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control. Additionally, in the event we go through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your Personal Information may be among the assets transferred. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and are permitted by this Policy.
- Message Boards and Chats
We may make message boards, chat rooms, and other interactive forums available as part of the Services. You should be aware that any information which you post to these interactive forums or otherwise choose to make publicly available, including your Personal Information, may be disclosed and available to all users who have access to that portion of the Site or Services. By using these interactive forums, you agree that we are not responsible for any information that you disclose or communicate in such forums, and any disclosures you make are at your own risk.
- Children’s Information
The Site and Services are not directed or intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you should not register or provide Personal Information on the Site or through the Services. If you are the parent or guardian of a child whom you believe has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us at email@example.com so that we may delete and remove such child’s information from our systems.
- Updating and Control of Your Personal Information
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. When you receive promotional communications from us you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional e-mail or newsletter you receive or by editing your preference to receive these communications within the “Manage My Email” or similar feature on the individual Sites when you are logged in as a registered user.
If your Personal Information changes or if you no longer desire to display information on the Sites or Services, we encourage you to correct, update or remove Personal Information from your profile. This can be done by logging-in and clicking on your user name at top of the Site to access the “Profile” section, if there is one. If you would like assistance disabling your account please contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep in mind, however, that even if you delete information from your profile, we may retain your Personal Information in conformance with our data retention policy and Personal Information may remain within our databases, access logs, and other records. In addition, we are not responsible for updating or removing your Personal Information contained in the lists or databases of third parties who have been provided information as permitted by this Policy.
- Co-branded Sections of the Sites
- Third Party Links
The Sites may link to websites operated by third parties that we do not control. We do not monitor, control, or endorse the information collection or privacy practices of any third parties. We encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of every website you visit and to contact them if you have any questions about their respective privacy policies and practices. This Policy applies solely to information collected by us through the Sites or Services and does not apply to these third party websites. The ability to access information of third parties from the Sites or Services, or links to other websites or locations, is for your convenience only and does not signify our endorsement of such third parties, their products, services, websites, locations or their content.
We place a priority on the security of Personal Information, and we undertake reasonable security measures to help protect the data that resides on our servers. We also use secure server software (SSL) to process all financial transactions that occur on the Site. SSL technology can encrypt Personal Information transmitted over the Internet. However, no security system is impenetrable. We do not warrant the security of our servers, nor do we warrant that your information, including Personal Information, will be completely secure or not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet.
- How To Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding privacy or this Policy, you may contact us as follows:
Telephone: (516) 450-5588
Address: Body Made Beautiful, 2871 Faber Terrace, Far Rockaway, NY 11691
We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time and without prior notice, and any changes will become effective immediately upon being posted unless we advise you otherwise. Your continued use of the Site or Services after this Policy has been amended shall be deemed to be your continued acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Policy, as amended. We encourage you to bookmark this Web page and review this Policy regularly.